The devil does not bother those of us who stop fighting, by doing so you’ve joined his side. His goal is for you to quit, he prefers us to fight one another. Don’t be fooled, he is [often] a subtle fighter. His objective is to get us preoccupied and distracted. He wants us far away from the feet of Jesus. Hence, be among those who bring you closer to Christ, always relying on the word of God.
The tactics used against you are individualized. There are devils assigned to study you in order to use just the right temptations. Don’t assume learning about warfare is enough. Applied knowledge is power. Being an intellect wont save you but implementation will – faith with works.
2Timothy 2:1-13 Be a good soldier. These scriptures will show you how.
1Peter 5:8-9 Be sober minded. Otherwise you stumble in battle. Monitor what you listen to, watch, say and what you take in. I’m reminded of working at a outpatient drug treatment, we always reminded our clients to avoid the people, places and things that would cause them to relapse.
Also look at 2Corinthians 10:3-5, 1 Peter 4:8, 2 Kings 6:15-17, and Daniel 10.
- Train properly and continuously. Practicing godliness, prayer, fasting, meditating on the word and time with the Lord. Acknowledge you are in a daily fight. The enemy is not greater than the victor [Jesus Christ]. Het to know Him.
- Don’t be afraid, you have Jesus on your side. Suit up properly, go to the thrown to fight your battles. The movie War Room is a great example on how to go about doing so.
- Go to God in prayer believing that he heard you and will answer you.
- Be patient, wait on the Lord and trust Him. Don’t give up just because the answer doesn’t come right away. Keep praying, don’t stop, be steadfast.
- Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Tell him to get out! Get away from you!
- Don’t be lukewarm, it will eventually ruin you.
- Pray for what you lack and need. Pray for strength.
God bless you and thanks for reading.